Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Mouth Check

ORIGINALLY PUBLISHED 21 July 2017 

May the words of my mouth and this meditation of my heart be pleasing in your sight, LORD, my Rock and my Redeemer. Psalm 19:14
Wouldn't it be great if we all were perfect in the use of our words? There would be no arguments, no divorce, no anger, no misunderstandings among friends. You get the idea. That mouth of ours can get us into a heap of trouble. If yours doesn't or hasn't please let me know and I will submit your name to Ripley's Believe It Or Not! 
Lies, gossip, backbiting, yelling, arguing, blaming, cursing, disrespect, hurtful words all proceed from that little 'hole in your face' and somehow it has to be tamed. But alas James chapter 3 reminds us "no man can tame the tongue" but we can sure try! 
Your assignment, and I hope you choose to accept it, is to use your mouth for praise, love, compliments, encouragement, truth, kindness, and praising the Lord. If you can make a habit to do this daily your outlook on life and love for others should increase. Now go have a blessed day.
PRAYER: I always hate it Lord when I say something I regret or send an email or text and wish I could take it back. Help me be mindful or the words I use. If I have hurt someone help me go to them for forgiveness. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment