Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 22, 2017

Relief From The Heat

ORIGINALLY RELEASED 21 JULY 2017

He will cover you with his feathers, and under his wings you will find refuge; his faithfulness will be your shield and rampart. Psalm 91:4
Depending on what part of the world you live in, the temperature can vary a good deal. Personally I prefer winter and fall. Here where I live, right now it is hot and humid. I still get out to exercise but have to find shade to stay cool. I got to thinking how Jesus is like your shade or umbrella of sorts from the 'heat of life' that can come on you occasionally. 
A big shade tree is a welcome sight on a hot day if you are outside and just want to sit where it is cool. Let Jesus be that shade tree. Rest with Him each and every day. You have to be more or less intentional to have this 'shade tree time' with Jesus. Everything else is so important such as Facebook, the news, the newspaper, so where is spending time with God and resting under His shade tree before you head out the door?
You hear the sermons probably that say 'make Jesus first' but He is not really first if you only make time for him one hour a week. Some of you may live with someone who goes to church but little more than that. Say nothing and let the Holy Spirit do the convicting. You may have adult children who have lost their passion for the Lord. Once again let the Holy Spirit convict them and just keep praying they will want to sit under 'Jesus' shade tree' again really soon. 
PRAYER: Lord Jesus it is so easy to say you are first place but them following it up with action is where I often fall short. I know Satan loves it when I forget my 'Jesus time' so nudge me daily Lord to spend time with you. Also I pray for family members who could care less about a relationship with you that you will light that flame again. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment