Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Fervent Prayer....Are You Doing It?


So Peter was kept in the prison, but prayer for him was being made fervently by the church to God. Acts 12:4

What does it mean to fervently pray? I would say it is to be steadfast, serious, focused, and intentional. Not just thinking to yourself, "I have to pray so let's get on with it" but to set time aside for the purpose on interceding in a serious manner. Get on your knees or better yet, your face, before the Almighty God. 

You may need to set aside a couple hours or even a day for serious prayer.  I was introduced to the concept of a DAWG Day or 'Day Alone With God' through the ministry of Moms in Prayer International(formerly Moms in Touch) and try to do this every few months. It has to be scheduled just as you would schedule a lunch with a friend. 

Are you serious about seeing breakthrough in someone's life you have been praying for? If so you need to keep on praying, don't stop, and believe for a turn around. Through the prayer discipline God is working on you as well as working on the person you are 'lifting' up to Him. So how about it? Want to be fervent?

PRAYER: As I rush through my day forgive me for not being intentional about prayer or thinking it is someone else's job to pray. I know I can even talk to you in prayer anytime so prompt me to get started and get serious. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment