Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 12, 2017

Keep Your Eyes On The Cross!

(NOTE: This was Sunday July 9, 2017 devotion I forgot to put on blogger.)

For I know that good itself does not dwell in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For I do not do the good I want to do, but the evil I do not want to do-this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it. Romans 7:18-20

Temptation to do wrong is everywhere. It would be easy to get off the righteous path with all the junk screaming at us from every direction. R rated movies, horrible tv in prime time, brain washing going on in schools and colleges, believing lies. You just have to make up your mind who and what you are going to listen to. Hopefully it is the voice of truth.

What is truth? The Bible is truth. In it you learn how to live. Through its' pages you learn to love and to forgive. You can use it for all decisions of life. You learn what is sin. If you don't regularly have a quiet time I urge you to do the most important thing and schedule one daily. The enemy will distract you with all sorts of things and help you make excuses as well. What is more important, Facebook or His book? Not intending to guilt you but make you think. Which one has eternal value?

Today get started and start the day with truth so you will recognize lies and evil and be able to counteract them with God's word.

PRAYER: Thank you Father for your word. Many nations are not able to freely read the word without fear of death or persecution. Help me not just let my Bible be a dust catcher. In Jesus' name. Amen.

Click link for a song of praise to speak to your heart:
https://youtu.be/KwsvqVmFV6Y

No comments:

Post a Comment