Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 31, 2015

Why Halloween?






Do not let my heart be drawn to what is evil so that I take part in wicked deeds along with those who are evildoers;  do not let me eat their delicacies. Psalm 141:4

My birthday and that of a female first cousin in Texas is on this day. I love this day because it is a celebration day for me. As a child it was fun to dress up and trick or treat. This day seems perfectly innocent to me as a day to have some good old fashioned fun. If you celebrate Halloween it is not my intent to guilt you but to make you reconsider why you do and maybe change things up a bit. 

Many churches use this day to have harvest celebrations or what they call Trunk or Treat.  Hardly anyone I know does not like the season of fall. Hayrides, weenie roasts, s'mores,cool fall air,the changing colors of the leaves all add up to a nice time of year depending on what part of world you live in.  As a believer each person has to decide what they do on this day and be convicted of right or wrong in your own heart. I personally am not into decorating with witches on broomsticks,skeletons hanging outside,a fake cemetery on my front lawn but I know some who do and apparently not feeling there is anything wrong about it. So I am not here to judge. Hollywood goes crazy putting out scary movies and some borderline on the Satanic. 

I ask each person to think about what you doing this day and if there is anything you need to change. That is all. 

PRAYER: Thank for the season of fall. I love the crisp autumn air and the beauty of your creation. Thank you for each day you have give to me. Help me use this day and every day as a witness for you and not put things into my mind and heart that have no place there. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment