Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 29, 2015

Watch Out For The Pity Monster


And  put on the new self, which in the likeness of God has been created in righteousness and holiness of the truth. Ephesians 4:24

This monster can strike at any time and without warning. It most readily occurs when you worry, conjure up scenarios, and don't set your mind on Christ. When you feel like 'oh poor little me' or 'I'll show them'  then you are setting yourself up to be attacked by this monster. This monster makes an appearance when we let 'self' be on the throne of our life and not God. We start feeling sorry for 'self' and 'self' takes over. This is a form of self centered behavior but we all have probably been guilty of it. The enemy loves it when we get overly focused on ourself. Even if we are not careful,  Facebook can be a tool where you start feeling sorry for self because no one likes what you posted. I would say don't worry about it,don't even look and focus on something else. Go read a book. Maybe go read the Bible!

If you know you have this problem and it occurs all too frequently ask God to comes I and transform you and help you think of others more than yourself.

PRAYER: Forgive me for the times I have allowed the pity monster to attack my mind and make me feel sorry for poor little me. I want to focus on you Lord and help me recognize self pity when it comes and nip it in the bud. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment