Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 25, 2015

Where Is Your Treasure?


But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moths and vermin do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. For where your treasure is, there your heart will be also. Matthew 6:20-21

Recently while getting out of my car at the bank I accidentally banged my less than one year old car door into a sign next to the curb. Geez. I was frustrated when I saw an itsy bitsy little paint chip had come off. Kind of got mad at myself for not being more observant before opening my car door. Being upset will not reverse what just occurred nor will it bring the tiny spot of paint back.

We are to be good managers or stewards of our earthly possessions God blesses us with but not let them rule over us and make us fret, worry, and go broke. God intends for His children to be at peace and to not let what we own own us instead. Thinking we need the latest styles of clothes, the hottest handbag out there, the fanciest boat, or biggest motor home is not God's plan although He is not saying you can't. Just don't let material possessions become what you treasure more than you do the Lord and God's word. 

Where are you today? Do you value this world and your stuff more than things of the kingdom of God? If so maybe now is the time to get your priorities and heart in line.

PRAYER: Forgive me Lord when I allow my possessions to control me or cause me stress. Help me Lord to value the things 'above' more than what I own here on this Earth. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment