Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, October 19, 2015

Life Is Not Staged


Do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewal of your mind, that by testing you may discern what is the will of God, what is good and acceptable and perfect. Romans 12:2
 Recently as I sat in a local credit union waiting my turn, I was watching a commercial on the television provided for customers.  It struck me how that even in television shows, movies, or yes commercials, life is not real. Actors, stunt men, stand ins, and extras are used to get the effect the producer and director want to achieve." Some "families" are not families at all in the commercial but were put together by the talent agency to make them look related. I know that from a personal experience back in 1992.

Life can seem perfect at the movies, on commercials, or on television but the real story often is behind the scenes. I like how Hollywood is now producing many'based on true story' movies or actual 'true stories' such as last years block buster 'Unbroken' and this weekends release of 'Woodlawn'. Point being, do not base your life on what you see actors and characters doing. This talented person you idolize also are much different when they are not portraying their character. Be yourself. Don't desire someone else's life. Be content with who you are and don't try to mirror an airbrushed Hollywood model.

Every person has gifts God has given them. Some people are blessed to be multi talented and if so do not be jealous of them. Others have gifts no one really sees and is more behind the scenes sort of like the make up artists and prop masters who work in tinsel town. Be happy in the skin God has given you and nurture the gifts He has blessed you with.
PRAYER: Lord Jesus thank you for making me just the way I am. If I get noticed for a talent help me remain humble and give you the glory. Help me not compare myself to others but to rejoice just where I am. In Jesus' name.Amen.    

No comments:

Post a Comment