Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, October 23, 2015

Like A Good Neighbor____________Is There


The second is this: ‘You shall love your neighbor as yourself.’ There is no other commandment greater than these.” Mark 12:31
This 'fill in the blank' is not to be filled in with the familiar insurance company name you hear in television commercials but with your own name. Are you a good neighbor? I don't necessarily mean next door neighbor but are you kind to those in your circle of friends and even strangers? Do you purposely like to help people or avoid helping?

This morning I was mentally listing the names of all my neighbors in the past 38 years of marriage. Amazingly I remembered them all. We have lived in many places as a military family and in each place there is always one special neighbor we latch onto or vice versa. Some of you know who you who are reading this. We are getting ready to get new next door neighbors who I heard were my older sons' age. Look forward to taking over some cookies and seeing if I can help some way. But a neighbor in the Biblical sense means more than just next door. 

Are you kind and helpful to those around you or someone you see who needs a helping hand? Are you considerate to others? Are you neighborly to those around you sort of in Good Samaritan fashion? Why not start today to be a neighbor to those in this world who do not know Jesus. 

PRAYER: Lord Jesus I love you and I thank you for people who have been neighborly to me. Show me how to show that type of kindness to others. In Jesus' name. Amen.



No comments:

Post a Comment