Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 5, 2011

PRAISE GOD FROM WHOM ALL BLESSINGS FLOW

It is easy to get ourselves down in the dumps by daily situations in our lives. The way to escape from this daily doomsday or feeling gloomy, sad, or bad is to praise Jesus and think of all the good things he has done. It is the enemy who brings thoughts of condemnation, guilt, worry, fear, sadness, and a host of other negative emotions to us. Negativity is not a 'God thing' and for sure the enemy likes to keep us down in the dumps then we do not 'feel' like praising him or thinking good things. We get in a rut of worrying over goofy things we can not control. Maybe you fret over a situation but instead we need to say "I thank you God ahead of time for going before me and working this out." Start purposely praising God when you start feeling yourself dropping into a worry or pity mode. Start thinking of ways he has blessed you and listing them and start thinking of ways you can share your blessings with others.

It is time to release Gods' power inside of you and stand up and take authority over negative thoughts. I have heard it said we need to be powerful not pitiful.  2 Corinthians 10:5 says "We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ." You have to make yourself think good thoughts. Anyone can easily bury themselves in a pit of doom, gloom, and 'woe is me'  mentality. To be victorious and positive in Christ you have to 'purpose' in your heart you are not going to think on bad things. Start literally making a list of wonderful things in your life you can thank God for. For instance, thank you Lord for the ability to see. Thank you Lord for the ability to think and reason. Thank you Lord for my home and food on the table when many are  homeless and hungry. Thank you Lord for my job even though it may not be what I want right now I thank you that it supplies and income for me and you can use me there where I am. Thank you Lord for my friends because it is sure nice to have people to share things with. You get the idea. I am sure if you sit and think you can have many things to lift you up out of any pit you may have fallen into with bad thinking.

Get up and say, "This is the day the Lord has made, I WILL rejoice and be glad in it". (Psalm 118:24). Philippians 4:8 is one of my favorite verses for reminding me of thinking on good things and it says "Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things are honorable, whatsoever things are just, whatsoever things are pure, whatsoever things are lovely, whatsoever things are of good report; if there be any virtue, and if there be any praise, think on these things." Like I said, it is Satan who tries to bring negative thoughts to your mind. When  you praise Jesus the devil has to flee.

Also do not allow others comments to you to destroy your day. Seek to lift up the name of Jesus and no matter what happens say "Lord I thank you for every situation you bring into my life. I thank you that you will give me the strength to endure and have victory. Forgive me when I forget to praise you and sink in a pit of worry and gloom. Help me rise up each day and give you thanks. That is my desire." With God you can do all things.(See Philippians 4:13). Hang on to Jesus and lift up his name!

PRAYER: Lord thank you for this day. I may wake up gloomy or have gone to bed with wrong thinking or concerns but I ask you to clear my mind now of unnecessary concerns and cast my cares on you. I need to learn to trust you with every situation in my life. It is not my desire to be in a pit of gloominess. I want your joy and no matter what I ask you to help me to maintain your joy. In Jesus Name, Amen!

Note: As I often do I like to select an appropriate praise and worship song for you to sit and listen to  when you are able to turn up your speakers. Enjoy your day and go be a blessing to those around you!

http://youtu.be/-1jQeV9_8W0

No comments:

Post a Comment