Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, July 28, 2011

BE CAREFUL LITTLE MOUTH WHAT YOU SAY...PART TWO

How many times during the month or week do you have to wish you could take back something you said or emailed? If you are an impulsive person then it can maybe be a lot. Thank goodness for friends and family who understand we sometimes stick our foot in our mouth. We just need to learn  to ask forgiveness.

The thing to do is to strive to talk less and listen more and love one another.  Part of loving each other is is giving the other the benefit of the doubt and above all do not hold grudges. Learn to move on and forgive. Harboring ill will over something petty does not one bit of good. It is best to just let things go. Say you are sorry and seek to change and move on.

Words can bring joy, encouragement, love, peace or they can cause confusion, misunderstanding, wounded spirits and chaos. I would say God would want us to opt for the first choices in this list. Better to really think before you speak. It is so easy talking  or over email to say the wrong thing or to be misunderstood. If you have a gracious friend or family member they will understand and no hard feelings will result. Let love be your ultimate aim.

Psalm 141:3 says "Set a guard over my mouth, O LORD; keep watch over the door of my lips." There are so many verses on our words and our mouth in the Bible. It is a subject you can never hear enough on. Just like in James Chapter 3 it says "No man can tame the tongue". We can try with God's help. I know I wish I had complete control over mine and I know there are times I have said things I wish I could take back. If someone has messed up and asks you to forgive them do it and restore your relationship right then and there. Forgiveness for a Christian is not an option. In Matthew 18:21-23 it says " Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, “Lord, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?” Jesus answered, “I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. “Therefore, the kingdom of heaven is like a king who wanted to settle accounts with his servants."

Colossians 4:6 says "Let your conversation be always full of grace, seasoned with salt, so that you may know how to answer everyone." In John 13:34 it says "A new command I give you: Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another." If you love someone you will overlook their faults. We all have messed up at one time or another. Be careful what you say. I know in Matthew 12:36 it says "But I tell you that everyone will have to give account on the day of judgment for every empty word they have spoken." I for one do not want to be guilty of hurting people with my words or having what I say be misinterpreted. But it happens. One who truly loves truly can forgive so work on that aspect of your walk with the Lord. Just be aware of what you say and ask God to help you put a guard over  your mouth to think before you speak.

PRAYER: Dear Lord it is so easy to just talk and not think what we are saying. Help me Lord as I do not want to be guilty of being misunderstood or hurting someone I love. Help me keep a watch over my mouth and only say things that are pleasing to the hearer. In Jesus Name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment