Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 29, 2011

CHURCH SIGN WISDOM

Recently I saw a sign on a nearby church that read "The closer you are to the son the less likely you are to get burned. " Another one I saw said 'Your problems are big because you have made me little...God".  Yet another sign read "Under Same Management for over 2000 Years". I just really get a kick out of the wisdom of these signs  and their cute thought provoking messages.

There may be some that think it is goofy to put something up on a sign for those passing by to see but that may be the only way to reach some people. Many people do not bother 'darkening' the door of a church on Sunday so perhaps these catchy little phrases people see as they drive by are a way to impart some tidbit of godly wisdom to  ponder during the week. As long as the comments are not judgmental and condemning then they may be an effective method to get a point across. 

Where are you with your walk with the Lord? Does He hold a prominent place in your life or like the church sign mentioned above, have you made him little? Do you go about your life and think you just do not have time for the Lord?

Matthew 11:28 says "Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest."   Do you need God back in your life again?  Is it time you allowed Him to be back on the 'throne'? If Jesus were to be right with you now would you have to make excuses for your behavior or activities? If He said " child, why did you shut me out of your life?" how would you answer Him?

Run to Him today.  Read his word and get to know Him and show Him you love him, need Him, and want Him to be part of your daily life.  1 Corinthians 1:18 says " For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God."  Do not shut Him out of your life.

PRAYER : Lord I want to let you be first place in my life. I often let other activities crowd you out and for that I ask forgiveness. I am trying to do better. Come in to my heart Lord Jesus. Help me stay away from things that cause me to shut you out of my life. In Jesus name, amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment