Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, July 30, 2011

MORE THAN A 9-1-1- GOD

When do most people think to turn to God? Usually it is when things are not going right or they are in a crisis situation. Sort of a 'fox hole' religion mentality is that people tend to only cry out to God when something is going wrong and they need help ,NOW!. God is waiting for you to call out to Him around the clock whether in a good situation or when things are falling apart. Do not treat him like the 9-1-1- operator. Talk to Him all the time. For instance, get up each day and say "Hello God it is me. I thank you for another day you have given me to enjoy. Thanks for my family and my friends. Thank you for food, clothing and shelter." You get the idea. The 9-1-1 prayer would go something like this. "Help Jesus because Suzy Q has been in a major car wreck and needs your healing touch. Be with the doctors who treat her and help her recover." So the point is we know to cry out to God when we are in distress but why not talk to Him when things are okay too? Ponder that for a while would you. He is not just a God of disasters although many treat him like that.

Try making talking to God part of your everyday existence and do not wait til something awful happens or someone is on their death bed to cry out to Him. Jeremiah 33:3 says "‘Call to me and I will answer you and tell you great and unsearchable things you do not know." Do you call on Jesus? Besides praying do you read His word, the Bible, which is your guide for all things in life? Proverbs 4:20-22 says "My child, pay attention to what I say.  Listen carefully to my words. Don’t lose sight of them.  Let them penetrate deep into your heart,for they bring life to those who find them, and healing to their whole body."  1 Thessalonians 5:17 says simply "pray continually". Do you pray at all times?

Why not try something new? Instead of crying out to God when turmoil is in your life and the bottom is falling out of things wake up and praise and thank him and then just talk to him. Adore him, confess your faults to him, thank him for the answers to prayer and finally tell Him your needs. Remember to pray for others and not just yourself. And remember that God is not a genie in a bottle to grant wishes but is the Almighty and wants to hear from you. Talk to him today.

PRAYER: Father in heaven I thank you that I can pray to you anytime. I do not have to shut my eyes and be on my knees all the time to pray but I can pray while I am driving my car, doing things around my house or as I am taking my morning walk or run. Forgive me when I forget to say hi each day. I am going to try to be better. In Jesus Name. Amen.

http://youtu.be/JmVxRl5bc4Y

No comments:

Post a Comment