Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 26, 2011

GOD IS THERE, HE REALLY IS

NOTE: Today marks one year since I started doing a daily email devotion first entitled Daily Dose of God's Blessing. It was turned into a blog and name changed to God's Lemonade Stand in the fall after my AZ Writer's Retreat.I am recapturing what I wrote about that day and touching it up a bit. (Thanks Denise Carter for prompting me to 'get going' on this journey. I needed a push.)

GOD IS THERE, HE REALLY IS

No matter where you go God is there. You can run away but you can not hide from Him. When He has a task for you to do you can not sneak away and think He will not know how to find you. He is God after all. Think of Jonah and what happened to him when he refused to go tell the people of Nineveh to repent. (Read the book of Jonah in the Old Testament. It is short.) I may have told this story in an earlier devotion but I had a Jonah moment back in late 1996 in Arizona. I was never swallowed by a giant fish thank goodness. After being confronted for 'help' by a stranger when my friend and I left our ladies Bible study at church  in Mesa, I said to myself, "next time I am going to park in a different parking lot."  If God wants you to do something for him he will send his messengers to another parking lot. For all I knew this person who approached us may have been an angel. Hebrews 13:2 says "Do not forget to entertain strangers, for by so doing some people have entertained angels without knowing it."

We may think God does not care about 'little ole me' but it says in scripture that 'even the very hairs of your head are numbered' it says in Luke 12:7. Also He created you and has a plan for you. Psalm 139 talks about how He knit you together in your Mother's womb. Psalm 139:7-8 says "Where can I go from your Spirit? Where can I flee from your presence?  If I go up to the heavens, you are there; if I make my bed in the depths, you are there." You are special to Him. He cares about the sparrow and you are more important than a bird. Matthew 10:29 says "Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground apart from the will of your Father."  Famous people are on the same equal status with God that you are. He is not impressed by titles,degrees, bank accounts or who you know. Knowing Him is what is important.

Do you know the Lord as your Saviour? Are you certain if you were to walk outside today and get struck and killed by a dump truck for instance and die that you would go immediately to be with Him in heaven?  It is not about church membership or a certain denomination but have you asked Jesus into your heart? Romans 10:9-10, and 13 says "If you confess with your mouth that Jesus is Lord and believe in your heart that God raised him from the dead, you will be saved. For it is by believing in your heart that you are made right with God, and it is by confessing with your mouth that you are saved ... For “Everyone who calls on the name of the Lord will be saved." It is there in the Bible. I did not make it up. Baptism alone does not save. You have to ask Jesus to be Lord of your life and live for Him. Do not just join a church and think that is that. There is way more too it. "Going into a church will not make you into a Christian any more than going into a garage will make you a car..(source unknown)". There may be lots of surprises when people die who have rejected Jesus and  simply thought joining a church was a the ticket to heaven. Why not stop now if you are not sure and ask Jesus to be the Lord of your life.
Just know God loves you and He is all around you. He is God. Get to know him better by getting into the word of God.  Most people own a Bible, as it is the best selling book of all time but do you pick it up and read it? It does not belong in the book shelf or as a decoration on your coffee table. It is meant to be used. If you do not know where to begin I suggest the book of John in the New testament. God loves you and is there for you. Let him into your heart and life today.
PRAYER:  Thanks Lord that you are omni present. Everywhere I am there you are. You care about what I do with my life. Help me Lord to live for you each and every day. Forgive me when I have ignored you and done my own thing. In Jesus name. Amen.

Jonah on audio..follow link below.
http://www.biblegateway.com/audio/mclean/niv/Jonah.1

No comments:

Post a Comment