Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 1, 2011

CHRISTLIKE...WHO ME?

 Do things you do really make you seem Christlike? Go through your day and the way of life you lead and ask yourself "do I represent Jesus Christ or would He be walking in the shoes I am walking in?"  Do you act like Christ? Do things you do bring shame or glory to the body of Christ? It is a simple question.
If someone walked in where you are right now would you have to change your conduct or speech habits? Would you be ashmed if He knew your thoughts because He does? Are you ashamed to bow your head and pray in public? This is not going to send you to hell if you do not pray but if you want to do it but are ashamed or afraid why? Mark 8:38 gives us a warning saying whoever is ashamed of me he basically will be ashamed of you. Read it when you get a chance. Do you treat all people of all walks of life with kindness and respect?

If you drive a car with a Christian license tag or bumper sticker do you represent Christ or do you cut drivers off, run red lights, speed, and frown? Think about that one. If you wear a big Jesus pin,Christian tee shirt or a lanyard like one I saw yesterday at an office that said 'I love Jesus' do you really act like a Christian?  We are His representatives here on this earth. The Bible calls us 'ambassadors'. 2 Corinthians 5:20 says "We are therefore Christ's ambassadors, as though God were making his appeal through us. We implore you on Christ's behalf: Be reconciled to God."  Just as if you were the ambassador for the United States in a foreign land you would want to represent our country in a good way and not be out partying and cursing people. This would bring dishonor to our nation. Do your actions bring dishonor to God? You represent Him if you call yourself a believer.

 You may be the only Bible some people ever 'read.' What I mean by that is that you should be a witness for the kingdom and if someone asks give them the reason for your hope. In 1 Peter 3:15 it says "But in your hearts revere Christ as Lord. Always be prepared to give an answer to everyone who asks you to give the reason for the hope that you have. But do this with gentleness and respect." Be proud but not overbearing. Also going the opposite direction and judging someone and screaming at them that they are going to hell is not really an effective witnessing tool. Love is the answer.

You have heard it said before if you point your finger in judgment at someone three more of your fingers are pointing back at you. Self righteousness is not an effective tool to win folks to the Lord either. 1 Corinthians 6:11 in referring to all of us having sinned  says "And that is what some of you were. But you were washed, you were sanctified, you were justified in the name of the Lord Jesus Christ and by the Spirit of our God." We have all messed up in some way. I am not sure where I heard this but 'let God take your mess and make it into your message.' Sometimes being real with others about your faults and goof ups will help them see you are real and see that God can restore, redeem and forgive. God knows your heart and he loves you no matter what you have done.

1 John 2:6 tells us "Whoever says he abides in him ought to walk in the same way in which he walked." Let your actions follow your words. Say it ,then live it, and do it.

PRAYER: Lord I do want to be like you in all I say I do. I know I have fallen short at times in my thoughts, words, and actions. Lord help me to resist the temptations of this world that try to take my mind and thoughts off of you and my walk with you. Forgive me for when I have gone my own way and shamed the body of Christ. In Jesus Name. Amen.


http://youtu.be/dBQqda_YDxw

No comments:

Post a Comment