Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 13, 2022

How Do You Speak?

 


May the words of my mouth and the meditation of my heart be pleasing to you, O LORD, my rock and my redeemer.Psalm 19:14

Are you kind, helpful, encouraging, welcoming or are you hateful,bitter, dishonorable, swear and so forth. You are known by the words you speak. 

There are many references to speech in God’s word, the Bible. If you read and apply these scriptures eventually it will come naturally. Just do a word search. 

What if someone is verbally abusive to you, or bitter, or calls you names what then? Don’t fight back. Be kind. Be loving. That will drive someone being mean nuts. Pray that your words stay pure and uplifting. If you claim to be a follower of Jesus’, there is no excuse for being ugly verbally or otherwise. 

PRAYER: Father I pray for anyone who is being verbally abusive to be convicted of the way they hurt others. Help me Lord not to lash back when someone is mean or hurtful to me. In Jesus’ name. Amen

1 comment:

  1. I am trying to improve on this. When I slip up, I know that God is the only other one who hears me. I immediately seek His forgiveness.

    ReplyDelete