Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 18, 2022

Chilling Is Good!

 




He says, “Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth.”Psalm 46:10

Do you like waiting or do you feel like you have to fill up every second of your day in some grand way? Westerners have a hard time sitting down for ‘a cup of Christmas tea’ as there is so much to get done. 

Why does every minute need to be filled with activity? It is almost as if some of us get accustomed to filling up our calendar leaving no room to just sit. Try it sometime. As I wrote this a few days ago I was sitting waiting for friends to see a Christmas movie in the theater parking lot, with iced latte and the heater running. 

If you are raising children this is a good skill for them to learn. Calming your spirit so you don’t blow a fuse when things don’t go your way. Letting God’s perfect peace just wash over you. As you are in this stillness talk to God and say some prayers. Now go and rest. 

PRAYERS:I am grateful for a calendar but I know you Lord don’t operate by calendars and schedules. Anyone who needs time alone with you today, or the rest of the month, give them the ability to say no to too much Christmas activity. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment