Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, April 4, 2022

Who Needs A Kind Word?


Pleasant words are a honeycomb: sweet to the taste and health to the body (Proverbs 16:24)
You may be having a hard day. Perhaps you woke up with stinking thinking and tumbled into a cave of self pity. It is easy to do. The enemy loves to cause us to ignore the good stuff in our lives and instead wants you focusing on things that only sink you further into despair.
Don’t allow that to happen. Wake up and say “this is the day the Lord has made I WILL rejoice and be glad in it!” It takes discipline to train your mind to stay tuned into positive thinking. Hanging around positive people certainly helps. If you find yourself in a "whoa is me" conversation with anyone try to turn it around into a positive without starting a squabble. Never be critical of the people.
I don’t know anyone who couldn’t use a kind word every now and then because you certainly have no idea what people are going through. I like to paint small river stones with positive messages on them maybe just the word ‘hope’ or ‘Forgive’ or ‘Jesus loves you’. I place these on the edges of sidewalks, window sills, hiking trails, anywhere people frequent. I call them Rocks of Hope. Now go share something encouraging!
PRAYER: Lord I thank you for rescuing me from a pit or two in my life so help me likewise to help others downtrodden be rescued. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment