Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 21, 2022

Take A Step Back

 


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.John 14:27 NIV Bible Gateway 

Do you receive too many emails to the point you feel like screaming? Even good ones from ministries? You are one person and can’t do everything. It also robs you of quality time with your loved ones and friends. 

Why not start unsubscribing to maybe 90% of stuff you get. First you will gain more family time and less neck pain from looking down at your phone.Next you will garner good information from those you choose to keep. Try to do away with things that rob you of peace and create tension in your family. 

Can you do this? Grab a good book and sit outside if it is a nice day. Leave your device alone. When you don’t you will find it is hard to escape from like it has this mysterious draw to it. Get away and take a walk without your phone. Yes I know the device might have your Bible app and other good things but you need a technology break. Those under 35 who didn’t grow up without computers probably can’t imagine this. Do it and see if you aren’t better off. 

PRAYER: Father you are above all things. I need to have peace and enjoy nature without taking electronics with me all the time. Help me Lord to seek you more than I seek technology. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#Biblegatewayblogger

1 comment:

  1. Becky: These are good thoughts. We DO need to take time away from things that eat up our time. During the winter, I could not be in my computer room because it is in a room that is vulnerable to cold air. I have some other activities that help me take care of how I manage my time. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete