Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, April 14, 2022

A Friend Indeed

Therefore encourage one another and build each other up, just as in fact you are doing.1 Thessalonians 5:11


Recently I sat down and was sort of ashamed at myself for not responding to comments people had left me on my devotions. These kind souls who say something have no idea how that encourages me to press on. I have received some on days when I needed  a lift. 


How about you? Do you have those moments in your life when a letter or card or call or visit from a friend happens right when you need a lift. You can be a 'lifter' for others by just smiling, opening a door at a store, saying hello even if the person does not respond back. 


Don't let the world of social media be where you think you will be lifted up. Try as best you can to not go diving into everyone's business but when the urge hits you get your Bible and start reading the book of John. Coming out of the strange locked down world of Covid is a challenge to many. Be a part of those people who want to help get the world turning again. 


PRAYER: Father, I am thankful for friends. I realize there are many who don't have many friends such as  those in prison, nursing homes, orphanages, and so forth. Back in the day there were pen pals where you could write to a person an actual letter that they probably kept and cheered them up. Give me creative ideas for ways to be a blessing to someone who needs it. In Jesus' name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment