Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, April 16, 2022

What Does The Cross Mean To You?



Then he said to them all: "Whoever wants to be my disciple must deny themselves and take up their cross daily and follow me. Luke 9:23


Many people have cross necklaces or cross on a chain or rope. Does the cross indicate that the individual is a follower of Christ? How about a cross tattoo? 


Do you realize what the cross means? It is so simple to wear one, draw one, hang one on the wall but the meaning of the cross is death and sacrifice. Think about it for a moment. Jesus was beat, spit on, scorned, betrayed, whipped, you name it then had to drag his heavy cross through the streets while some cried and many mocked.  


Finally the cross was laid on ground and soldiers hammered nails(like railroad spikes) into his hands and feet, three of them. Then up they lifted the cross and placed him between two thieves who deserved death, not Jesus. He died for you and for me. He died for those who don’t even love Him. He died for even those people today trying to be god themselves. Take a moment and listen to the song I have attached. Tomorrow is a big day! 


PRAYER: I need you Lord. Forgive me for times I even turned my back on you. I pray for many people today who have not made you Lord of their life. I pray for those people who try to play God by changing the truth into a lie. Help me be kind to those who I don’t agree with for kindness leads to repentance. (Romans 2:4). In Jesus’ name. Amen. 


No comments:

Post a Comment