Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, April 12, 2022

Are You Distracted?


I beseech you therefore, brethren, by the mercies of God, that you present your bodies a living sacrifice, holy, acceptable to God, which is your reasonable service. And do not be conformed to this world, but be transformed by the renewing of your mind, that you may prove what is that good and acceptable and perfect will of God. Romans 12:1-2

When that question is asked it doesn’t mean do you have ADD but do normal ‘cares of the world’ keep you away from time alone with God? 

One of the biggest distractors is that pesky mobile device. I lived without for most of my life and it is hard for todays youth to imagine that. Once that little thing is in your clutches it is like your personal defibrillator seemingly keeping you alive. And as my husband often says “Your index finger gets you into a lot of trouble” and indeed it can. 

Also don’t constantly give in to the world continually checking social media. As my son said, “it is not real”. See if you can go to lunch with a friend without your phone. When you are with another person it is only a polite thing to do not
interrupting them. Don’t allow the ‘god of this world’ aka Satan to get you off track. He is the great distractor. You can fight him with the word of God and yes many fine ministries have Apps and there is a Bible App but try a paper Bible too and don’t be afraid to underline passages that speak to you. Now go have a blessed day! 

PRAYER: Father help me learn to control the use of that tiny device called a cell phone which is a major distractor in life sometimes even contributing to divorces, auto accidents, destroyed friendships. Help me limit my time and give me a hunger for your word. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I find it too easy to get distracted. Cell phones, television, phone calls from friends, baking things for my husband and me. I got distracted by watching the information about CoVID. But, I try to have my time with God in the mornings just after I awaken. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete