Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 8, 2022

Rocking And Rushing

“Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you and learn from me, for I am gentle and humble in heart, and you will find rest for your souls.Matthew 11:28-30

Recently at the bustling Charlotte Douglas International Airport I observed two very contrasting  things. Either passengers were sitting in rocking chairs which are in several concourses during an extended layover or they were running like crazy to get to their gate. 

Kind of made me think about life in general, either we can learn to relax and rest or are constantly on the treadmill of life rushing to and fro. 

Sometimes rushing can’t be prevented but why not try with God’s help to not try to burn the candle at both ends so to speak. God desires his children to enjoy rest. 

PRAYER: I am grateful for ability to get around but help me also remember you desire rest for your children. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: AMEN to these thoughts. When I am rushed, I forget to do something.

    ReplyDelete