Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 24, 2022

Don’t Skip The Third Verse

 Every word of God proves true; he is a shield to those who take refuge in him.2 Timothy 3:16


A tradition in lots of mainline Protestant denominational churches when I was growing up would be the song leader would say to sing the song but only verses 1,2, and 4. Say what? The brilliant gifted man or woman of God who penned lyrics that obviously  meant lots so why was it skipped. Why omit the third stanza? 


If you cut and paste verses sometimes you lose the meaning. Actually some of the old hymns had more meaning when all four verses were sung. The only purpose I guess accomplished in deleting a verse would be to hurry up the service. 


Can you imagine any verses in the Bible being omitted such as the all familiar John 3:16? Every word and every verse is vital. False religions love to add to and omit key verses. Don’t allow yourself to be led astray. Know the truth found in the word and hide it in your heart. 


PRAYER: Help me Lord to cherish every word of God and every song written by gifted Christian songwriters. Help me never cut my own walk short or my own quiet time just so I can get over quicker. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment: