Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, December 13, 2021

The Eyes Of A Beggar



Treat others just as you want to be treated. Luke 6:31 CEV Bible Gateway 

Inside Chicago’s O’Hare International Airport as I was rushing to get to my gate I came upon a man sitting in the connecting tunnels who looked pretty down trodden. No security had made  him move back outside airport property yet. I didn’t avoid his gaze but looked back and smiled.

What if you were the one sitting there through no fault of your own, bankruptcy occurred and you had no support network to assist you? You don’t want to beg for money but can see no other way. Sure I realize some folks do that to take advantage of others especially this time of year. What would be your course of action? Safety is always a factor but think of those down trodden souls in the Bible who were cast off by society. Jesus loved them.

Actions sometimes speak louder than words but sometimes take more sacrifice such as delivering food to family in need takes time whereas writing a check to Salvation Army or dropping money in their red kettle is easier.  What can you do to help someone in need? Be prepared as they may be around the next corner. 

PRAYER: Lord I thank you for opportunities to show kindness to others. Help me not just do it this time of year because there are needs all the time. Make my heart sensitive to others hurts. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#Biblegatewayblogger

No comments:

Post a Comment