Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 5, 2021

Pruned Lately?

 


I am the true vine, and my Father is the gardener. 2He cuts off every branch in me that bears no fruit, while every branch that does bear fruit he prunes so that it will be even more fruitful. John 15:1-2

Pruning is a necessary thing for gardeners to do if they expect their trees and bushes to flourish. Often timed after being pruned they look real pathetic almost like really those will be nice again? 

In your spiritual life you also receive pruning to help you grow better in your walk with Christ. At time’s you may say “why God do I have to go through this painful process” while not literally being cut with shears as you do with trees, things are taken away from you or cut from your life that are of no benefit in growing into a mature follower of Christ. 

The pruning could be getting rid of wrong friends leading you into a sinful lifestyle. It could be the difficult time of waiting and trusting God for Christ centered friends while your heart is aching in loneliness. It could be stopping bad spending habits and trusting God with your finances. It could be leaving a dead church for one alive in the spirit. Whatever the case once the finished product from this pruning emerges it will be wonderful. Have faith.

PRAYER: Lord I don’t understand why I have to give up so much or wait so long for things you are preparing for me so you can use me better. I trust you now and want strength to hang on in this process. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I want to thank you for this message. I didn't realize it until I read this just before COVId hit, I fell and messed up what had been my good foot and ankle. Then that fall I found I needed to have major surgery and then be housebound for eight weeks. Coming our of that, I made arrangements to get caught up on hearing aid evaluation, eye exam, and my wellness visit. During the wellness visit, my primary care doctor said, "You need to have a mammogram." And that did not turn out so well for me. Still being cautious about going out. Our area numbers for COVID are climbing and the flu is getting bad here. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete