Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, December 21, 2021

Gift Of Love

 


It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs.1 Corinthians 13:5 NIV Bible Gateway

As I write this my heart is heavy over a friend I have known less than 2 years since moving to Idaho. Her Christmas isn’t turning out as expected as she needs platelets from donors. As I sat and thought of this I thought there is no doubt in my mind I would donate. 

Also right now many are grieving after the horrific tornadoes that swept through five states this past week causing loss of life and property. Christmas won’t be so great for those grieving or the ones whose gifts are maybe miles away in someone’s backyard after being carried by tornado winds. 

As you sit and get ready for Christmas you may not be so joyful either and that’s okay. Needs are even more emphasized during the month of November and December but needs are around the clock. Have a truly memorable Christmas by sharing with others and not being concerned about getting. Slow down and have your quiet time and decide what is truly important. 

PRAYER: Use me Lord to meet a need and open hearts of others to think beyond their own little world. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

#Biblegatewayblogger

1 comment:

  1. Becky: A Christian sister at our church lost her husband to COVID in January. She had to go to work, although she is in her 60's. Her son has moved in with her ( a good thing). She works in a group home, helping care for four youngish women. I felt led to share Christmas with the four residents. I also thought of my Christian sister when I ordered a devotional book this past spring. I ordered one for her as well. I recently read that " sharing with others and not being concerned about getting." was the definition of Christian love. I wish you and yours a BLESSED CHRISTMAS. Peace and blessings

    ReplyDelete