Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 12, 2021

GivingYour Seconds Or Your Best?



And whatsoever ye do, in word or in deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him.Colossians 3:17 ASV Bible Gateway 


In this season of giving many give to charities as it seems December ‘prompts’ them to. But when you give do you give from your heart and give your best or grudgingly pass on old used clothes to Goodwill or give canned goods you would never use? Something to think about. 


Think about what it means to give your very best. Not wanting to do this is sort of self centered aka selfish. Ouch. Not me Lord I am not selfish. 


I challenge each of you reading to do something nice for someone this December and continue doing stuff the other 11 months. When you do good deeds be silent about it as your true reward is from God. 


PRAYER: Jesus I love you and I know this time of year needs are emphasized more than other times. I also am aware of scams that try to take advantage of the unsuspecting. Show me a need I can meet and help me remember all that I have belongs to you anyway. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


#Biblegatewayblogger

1 comment:

  1. A friend of mine lost her husband back in January. She had to find a job in order to be able to make ends meet. I surprised her yesterday by reaching out to the young women she takes care of in a group home. I also had something for her to help her through the upcoming year. She was surprised.

    ReplyDelete