Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, December 2, 2021

Not Everyone Feels Joy!

 


Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice!Philippians 4:4

This time of year is for many forced happiness of sorts. On top of the normal sadness there are the family restrictions of Covid that keep people at arms length. I for one will be thrilled to see Covid blown into a big huge abyss as I am sure may of you can attest to. It has caused death, confusion, heartache, separation, isolation sounds like stuff right out of Satan’s playbook. 

As you get ready to celebrate Christmas you don’t have to get worked up and frazzled trying to meet expectations of parties, gifts, cards, lunches out, drop ins, etc etc. Try to wind things back and take a breath. I know many who are caretakers of a family member and they really can’t abandon them but come to terms with your limitations. Everything does not have to meet up to Hallmark standards or trying to be perfect. Chill and be still, speaking to myself too. 

What do you really have to do? Think that over. Pray, be still, normal life. Your cards can be sent out in January as New Years greetings as that takes some pressure off. I truly do not think the Christ child wanted us all frazzled on his birthday. Ponder that and go have a peace break. 

PRAYER: Lord each year at this time it seems life gets on a treadmill of sorts which I feel in many ways we can alleviate stress by taking time for what is truly important. Get outside and get some fresh air and exercise. Help me relax and be still and try to remember to pursue the joy of the Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

1 comment:

  1. Good thoughts. Due to respiratory issues, I had to learn a long time ago to only do what I could as I could. This year, I have shopped throughout the year. My who-to- buy-for list is fairly small. I vowed over 50 years ago that I would not go in debt for Christmas. So far, we haven't. Peace and blessings to you and yours.

    ReplyDelete