Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, December 19, 2021

NJOYLIF



Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance.James 1:2-3

Each time I spot a vanity tag, aka personalized license plate,  I get an idea for writing. A few days ago I spotted this one in a parking lot where I live. It is easy as it reads ‘Enjoy Life’ and isn’t that your overall goal?

Life isn’t always enjoyable though when you are encountering situations that create fear, stress, or worry. Today’s scripture verse actually says to ‘Consider it all joy’ , say what?! All, like with everything being bad I am supposed to conjure up a smile and act like it is all okay? Yes that is right. 

Things don’t happen by accident and every thing you go through can be used for the purposes of making you more Christlike. I’m all for that aren’t you? Trials help shape you. It is hard to feel joyful when in the midst of something. When you look back on things in your life you can probably see the silver lining. Hang on Hope is on the way and so is joy!

PRAYER: Father it is my desire to consider things joy but at times it is difficult so I need help to break strongholds and implement a joyful countenance as I go into each and every day. I look forward to showing joy in my journey. In Jesus’ name. Amen.NJ

1 comment:

  1. This past summer, a friend said something that made me stop and think. It went something like this. "We have those difficulties in order to grow stronger." Looking back on my life, I now realize what she said was true.

    ReplyDelete