Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 28, 2021

Who Me...Forgive Them..Are You Kidding?



Then Peter came to Jesus and asked, "LORD, how many times shall I forgive my brother or sister who sins against me? Up to seven times?" Jesus answered, "I tell you, not seven times, but seventy-seven times. Matthew 18:21-22

Have you ever been hurt so bad and are so angry you almost don’t want anything to do with the person who hurt you? You try to act Christian but are so miffed. 

There are oodles of verses in the Bible about anger and forgiveness and letting things go. If you don’t you can obsess and become bitter. 

Jesus is the ultimate answer for forgiveness. When brutally beaten and hanging crucified on a cross he simply says “Father forgive them for they know not what they do”(Luke 23:34).  Now you may not have to forgive a murder, wrongful death, or beating but if you do keep in mind bitterness grows and only hurts one person and that is you. Choose to forgive and love. 

PRAYER: Lord I love you and thank you for loving me even more. Help me to choose forgiveness over getting back at people. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment