Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 13, 2021

Walking In The Spirit Not The Flesh



Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;
in all your ways submit to him,and he will make your paths straight.Proverbs 3:5-6


Feelings and emotions can get in the way of your peace and you must be  determined to not let the flesh control you. Things like jealousy, hurt feelings, anger, can easily cause wrong thinking to take over your once peaceful prayerful demeanor. Emotions can get the better of us at times. 

What is on your 'plate' so to speak? This covid season has produced a myriad of emotions and amplified many of them. It is necessary to step back and relax and not overthink too much. You may imagine things that are not even real. Comapring to others is also a no win situation. 

Try to make a list of what you have to be grateful for instead of sitting around throwing a pity party for one. Today's verse says to trust in the Lord with all your heart....give him your concerns and really really trust Him and not cave to fleshly reactions. Say Father I don't like the feelings or emotions I have right now and don't want Satan to win over me help me stay on the right path and not be constantly fretting over things I can do nothing about. Prayer is the journey to be on no matter what the sitiuation is. Can you do that? 

PRAYER: Lord forgive me when I have sat around crying over things that I really can not control. Help me instead to continue to pray and stay focused on helping others and not worrying about myself so much. Guard my heart also so I dont allow the enemy to ensnare me. In Jesus' name. Amen. 

No comments:

Post a Comment