Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, October 12, 2021

Slow Me Down Lord


He says, "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth." Psalm 46:10
Years ago my a close Army friend gave me a book for my birthday entitled ‘Slow Me Down Lord’ as even back then in 1975 I guess I needed work on ‘being still’.
How are you in the area of being calm and peaceful? Do you rush through days, even during the slow down in Covid, seemingly on overdrive and fill up every spare moment or can you ever feel no guilt by just sitting down in a chair or a park bench doing nothing?
The fast pace of the Western world is not always a good thing. Being able to make time for important things like friends and family and maybe even doing something ‘old fashioned’ like writing a friend an actual snail mail letter and not constant emails. The days of real letters are sorely missed or the servicemen letters to his wife or family which are cherished mementoes for many. Kind of hard to save electronic memories. Take time today to look at your calendar and make adjustments like how about a few empty spots. Ponder that now go have a blessed day.
PRAYER: Father thank you for making me just like I am. Help me to take care of myself and that means learning to be still occasionally. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment