Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Saturday, October 30, 2021

Fearful…Who Me?


I sought the Lord, and he answered me; he delivered me from all my fears.Psalm 34:4
NIV Bible gateway

The day of fright and fear is upon us of course I am referring to Halloween. Movie theaters at this time usually only offer horror movies. Why are people so captivated by wanting to be scared in this fashion? 

Now other things cause fear. Some are heights, getting grades after a test, results of a doctors visit, roller coasters, zip lining, being stalked by a wild animal you get the idea. Seems like this appetite for being frightened is alive and well. 

Our bodies are designed to take certain amounts of fear but too much can cause panic attacks, heart attacks, high blood pressure and other problems. And some jokingly do comical things at Halloween with the demonic things which is no joke. Let God be your guide. He is not in the market for purposely scaring you but Matthew 10:28 says “Do not be afraid of those who kill the body but cannot kill the soul. Rather, be afraid of the One who can destroy both soul and body in hell.”

PRAYER: Thank you Lord for knowing I can be delivered from fear. I choose to find joy in my journey. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


#Biblegatewayblogger


1 comment:

  1. Becky: I needed this message this evening. Had a rough jolt this afternoon. Thank you for your faithfulness.

    ReplyDelete