Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, October 31, 2021

Halloween…Love It Or Hate It



 “So, whether you eat or drink, or whatever you do, do all to the glory of God.” 1 Corinthians 10:31

Once again Halloween rolls around and people who love the Lord, either love it and participate,  or go for the fall harvest theme and parties or none at all. 

Granted it is fun to dress up and get treats but the origins of this holiday have me in a dilemma. If I criticize it then some believers come down on me as too serious or try to give me the All Hallowed Eve approach. My answer is just to ask you do you know the underlying meaning of Halloween. I have included some reading material from Focus on the Family at end of this devotion. 

So this may be a touchy subject when others you know decorate with witches, ghosts, creepy skeletons, haunting sounds, and so forth. You are not to judge others but become convicted in your mind. It is an individual choice. Obviously you can not shelter children from all the creepy things in neighborhoods during this holiday but ask yourself what you need to do. A bat or two caught in a huge cobweb, not Satanic just scary. Think about it, pray, and enjoy your day. 

PRAYER: Thank Lord for different times for celebrating and help me to be convinced in my own mind not judging others and to show love to those who really get excited about this day. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

To Read for further study:

No comments:

Post a Comment