Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, October 7, 2021

So You're Getting Older

 

Our days may come to seventy years, or eighty, if our strength endures; yet the best of them are but trouble and sorrow, for they quickly pass, and we fly away. Psalm 90:10
Many people dread getting older. Seems like we are in a society that glorifies youth and at times disrespects or pokes fun at older people.
As I wrote this I chuckled because I was headed to my 50th High school reunion making sure not to forget my contact lenses and age spot cover cream. The cosmetics industry makes a ton of money trying to sell the fountain of youth.
Frankly I would not want to live forever. Death is nothing to fear if you know the Lord and as a matter of fact is the icing on the cake of life to be looked forward to. Gods’ plan was never being frozen and brought back to life once mankind knows how to keep you alive. Rejoice in each day the Lord has given you. Mourn those who died ‘before their time’ whatever that really means. My heart aches for those who lost babies, children, teens, or thirty somethings. Know that God loves you and can be your source of comfort if only you allow him to.
PRAYER: Thanks for giving me life and in this generation. Help me to rejoice instead of being puzzled by death. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment