Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, October 27, 2021

Are You A Peacemaker?

 


Peace I leave with you; my peace I give you. I do not give to you as the world gives. Do not let your hearts be troubled and do not be afraid.John 14:27

Do you consider yourself a person who strives to maintain peace in your daily life? I am not referring to peace like saying anti war or doing yoga but peace meaning calmness and quietness. 

Peaceful people are the ones who try to diffuse tense situations and attempt to smooth over arguments. A peaceful place would be on a mountaintop watching the sunrise or at the seashore listening to the crashing of the waves. 

Do you want to be known as a peace lover? Do a study and word search on peace and peacemakers in the Bible. You will be amazed. You as a child of God are called to be a peacemaker to the world around you. Is your heart filled with peace? Have you made peace with God who is the source of all peace? 
Shalom my friend. 

PRAYER: Father I thank you for your gift of peace which you want me to maintain in the world I am in. Use me to show your peace to others. In Jesus’ name. Amen. 

Note: May I recommend a sermon series from my former church in Huntsville, AL Church of the Highlands entitled Beatitudes. To view messages go to www.churchofthehighlands.com

1 comment:

  1. Becky: I needed to be reminded of these things. There is someone in my life that seems to chose those buttons that set me off. Please pray for me that I can overcome what I feel when that person goes into one of those modes. Peace and blessings.

    ReplyDelete