Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 2, 2019

Lethargic?


Do your best to present yourself to God as one approved, a worker who does not need to be ashamed and who correctly handles the word of truth. 2 Timothy 2:15

Do you ever wake up and know you need to get into the Bible and have a quiet time but frankly don’t know where to start? You may think of sister or brother Suzy or Sammy Q who you have heard spends an hour in prayer daily and another hour studying the Bible and then you feel so out of it and just want to go back to bed.

Comparison is from the enemy. There is no magic morning formula that makes you the perfect Christian example. Everyone is different. What works for one may not work for you.
The important thing is to do it! Wake up and thank God for the day He has given you then just sit and breathe in his goodness and breathe out your problems and concerns.

Don’t start beating yourself up because you think you don’t ‘pray right’ or something similar. Or maybe you promised to pray for someone and totally forgot then guilt consumes you. Been there don’t that got the ‘I forgot’ tee shirt. The important thing is to do it before you start reading the paper or watching morning shows which will do NOTHING for your inner man. Wake up and whatever date it is read the corresponding Proverb since there are 31 of them. Journal some thoughts. And pray.

PRAYER: Many times I allow the enemy to creep in and start making me feel I am not doing my quiet time ‘good enough’ so I start to feel bummed. I know this is a tool of the devil to stop me entirely and I will not. I ask you help me break the stronghold of lethargy and comparison that may have taken root in my life. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment