Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, July 23, 2019

Here's The Ball But Stay Behind Me


Come near to God and he will come near to you. Wash your hands, you sinners, and purify your hearts, you double-minded. Grieve, mourn and wail. Change your laughter to mourning and your joy to gloom. James 4:8-9

I may live in a football obsessed part of the country but I do not know that much about the game. I know there is a blocker who runs ahead of the quarterback to get people out of the way so a goal can hopefully be made. In life God is that individual who knocks down enemies on your way so you can get to the goal.

Sometimes you may get knocked down but you get right back up and back in the game. Sometimes God plays on the opposing team and He tackles lovingly to get you back on course. When he is on your team He also says in a sense, “here’s the ball but please stay behind me. I will tackle those obstacles that are weighing you down. Trust me.”

Do you try to get in front of God By your impatience? I know I have. It is had to wait. Let things play themselves out and don’t get in the way.

PRAYER: Sometimes it is hard to be patient when I  don’t see results of prayers I have prayed. Lord I need strength to be able to fully trust you and stay behind you and not get ahead of your plan. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

Note: Title idea from Robert Morris, Pastor, Gateway Church, Dallas, TX

No comments:

Post a Comment