Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 17, 2019

Beyond The Changing Table


Until we all reach unity in the faith and in the knowledge of the Son of God and become mature, attaining to the whole measure of the fullness of Christ. Then  we will no longer be infants, tossed back and forth by the waves, and blown here and there by every wind of teaching and by the cunning and craftiness of people in their deceitful scheming. Ephesians 4:13-14

I was pondering the stages of a babies life one day thinking particularly of my beautiful granddaughter who is not yet 2 and thought about all the clothes they go through, stages of speech development,  and then the big task of potty training to get them set to put on their big boy or big girl pants so to speak. That changing table in most home nurseries would quickly be put  in storage till there are perhaps other infants that come along. The child has moved ‘beyond the changing table’.

In your spiritual life are you still ‘stuck on the changing table’ unable to move beyond Jesus Loves me or a storybook Bible? Are you getting milk of the word only such as a baby sucking on a bottle till he or she is well past infant age or are you seeking to grow beyond infancy and get the meat of the word? Something to think about. Now go get some meat and have a blessed day.

PRAYER: Father God I am thankful for being able to have so many things at my disposal to help me grow in Christ. Help me get rid of things in my life that would tend to keep me on the changing table spiritually. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment