Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 1, 2019

No Ribbons....No Problem


Let someone else praise you, and not your own mouth; an outsider, and not your own lips. Proverbs 27:2

All of us like to be appreciated and remembered for things we have done. Indeed it is nice to stay humble and let other praise you and not your own lips.

Most people I have met in the military are truly humble and don’t expect a pat on the back but deep down all of us yearn to be recognized. Military service members have ribbons and medals for their rewards. I wanted to put my husbands in a shadow box but he says he did not need a ‘me’ box on display. I left the military with no ribbons but only a marksmen badge which we had to earn. Never really thought about it much but late in  life my husband gave me a ‘legion of service’ ribbon he made for me with a military ribbon with a heart drawn in middle.

Do you feel you are not appreciated? Did you know God appreciates you and loves you and you don’t need applause just know your reward is truly in Heaven? Do things and don’t tell everyone and see what happens.

PRAYER: Father God I thank you for loving me and caring for me and being my best reward ever. I thank you for the blessing of life and family and friendships. Help me let my light shine so others can know you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment