Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, July 12, 2019

I Am About To Scream!!


Whoever is patient has great understanding, but one who is quick-tempered displays folly.Proverbs 14:29

Have you ever been so angry and you feel guilty about it because you are a believer? Anger never solves anything and can tend to mushroom into many other undesirable situations.
Even Jesus was angry(Matthew 21:12-13) but never sinned. Anger is not sin but can lead to sin when it escalates. If someone or something has made you ‘righteously indignant’ as I like to call it, get away. Breathe. Get your Bible out. Read some Proverbs.

If a person is the one who caused you to be angry you might have to let it go, move on, and forgive even if they never saw anything they did as an offense. Tough thing to do but necessary. Letting it go. Another verse in scripture speaks of a soft answer turning away wrath(Proverbs 15:1).

Go sit somewhere and just relax and pray and thank God for the blessings He has heaped upon you.

PRAYER: Father forgive me when I have been angry and could not calm down. Help me any time something happens to create this help me get away and pray. Help me be able to unconditionally forgive those who have hurt me or hurt our relationship. Help me be calm with issues that create things that could cause me to pop a cork. Help me give stuff to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

2 comments:

  1. My former Sunday school teacher shared with us that he got angry at circumstances not people.

    ReplyDelete