Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, July 3, 2019

The Downcast


Do not forget to show hospitality to strangers, for by so doing some people have shown hospitality to angels without knowing it. Hebrews 13:2

What do you do when you are out in a McDonalds or a Starbucks and a person who is not begging but appears forlorn and downcast is sitting across from you? Most people would feel super uncomfortable. I know I do but I also know that little voice inside my head is speaking to me “be kind”.

You are not to do it to be showy but because God is speaking to you and wants you to. When you are kind by say buying a hamburger, cup of coffee, or whatever, you never know about the impact you will have on others in the restaurant.

Like the verse for today says, you never know if you are entertaining an angel. I am serious. So who do you need to be kind to today?

PRAYER: Father keep my eyes open to the needs of those whose path I cross. Help me to be kind when that little voice speaks to me. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment