Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Sunday, July 7, 2019

Forget About It



Brothers and sisters, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead. Philippians 3:13

Many places in scripture we are reminded to not look back, forget the past, let things go. Remember what happened to Lot’s wife in Genesis 19:26 when she looked back at the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah and turned into salt. Yikes.

How many times have you gotten into a situation where if you would have just let things alone things would have turned out much better? I can attest that I have many times. The temptation to go back to what was or try to fix things. The past is the past and is never coming back.

Look ahead to the bright future of the promises of God. Things that linger in your heart and mind that tend to fester like a sore need to be abolished and forgotten. Pray for a future and a hope and a new beginning and don’t turn around.

PRAYER: I tend to try to fix things or rehash them and often when others are involved it just makes the situation worse. Help me like Lot’s wife keep facing forward and running the race set before me and giving the past problems to you. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment