Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Monday, July 8, 2019

Do You Have A Prayer Posse?


Therefore confess your sins to each other and pray for each other so that you may be healed. The prayer of a righteous person is powerful and effective. James 5:16
I love all my prayer sisters and the few  close friends who I can share things with and know my prayers will be prayed and I will not be condemned or judged. It is good to have a friend or two or more like this to huddle around you in good times and not so good.
In real life a ‘posse’ goes after someone to hunt them down and in prayer life a prayer posse hunts down the enemy of our souls and continues pressing in to prayer never seeing it as burdensome. They keep going!
I know in Moms in Prayer International the motto is “what’s prayed in the group stays in the group” and it is comforting to know that my concern will not leave that room. I hope in your life you have a prayer ‘posse’ of friends who are trusted, tried, and true both near and far and you know you can turn to them without fear of condemnation and their love and prayers will see you through.

PRAYER: Thank you for friends who I love and care for that share my burdens in the joyous and sad times of life. Help me take being a prayer warrior seriously and to reach out and pray and love on those who are hurting or share their joys. I pray for anyone I know who needs a connection they can rely on and trust. In Jesus’ name. Amen.
NOTE: Idea for title from page 94 A Woman’s Guide To Spiritual Warfare. 

No comments:

Post a Comment