Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Tuesday, March 19, 2019

Your Vanity Tag


Do not harden your hearts as you did at Meribah, as you did that day at Massah in the wilderness. Psalm 95:8

I absolutely love personalized license plates. I currently do not have one but most of our 41 years of marriage I did. FLYRME, GOD24 7, GODSGR8, RMEAV8R are just a few that have graced our various vehicles since 1977. 

Today I saw one depicting my favorite saying “Life Is Good” abbreviated to LFSGOOD if I recall correctly. Do you feel like your life is good or would you rather you had not been born? Loaded question I know. Day to day living is not always a bed of roses and stuff does happen but it truly does develop you and strengthen you if you don’t cave in and get angry at God. 

In a recent message at our church the pastor talked about a lady in Lee County, Alabama who lost everything in the recent devastating tornadoes but  as she walked her yard where debris was strewn her comments were one of knowing God would somehow bring good to all of this. How many of us could face disaster, death, an unexpected suicide, and a host of other calamities with this type of attitude? Hang on to the rope and if you have never trusted Christ as your savior why not let Him into your heart today. Life really is GOOD, no GREAT, with Jesus as Lord of it. 

PRAYER: Thanks very much Lord for the gift of life. I am thankful every day to be alive. The enemy has tried to get me discouraged before and into self pity but my life is valuable and I ask you to use me to help others. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


PS Today 19 March 1975 is my spiritual birthday when I became born again at a church in Charleston, W VA. 

1 comment:

  1. Becky: Congratulations on your spiritual birthday. Back in the 1980s my hubby surprised me and bought me a vanity plate that had my given name in silver (Cursive writing) against a green background. The background matched the color of our car. I thought it was quite stylish. (My mother acted jealous because she didn't have one for her car.)

    ReplyDelete