Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 15, 2019

No Makeup, Geez!!



Your beauty should not come from outward adornment, such as elaborate hairstyles and the wearing of gold jewelry or fine clothes. Rather, it should be that of your inner self, the unfading beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is of great worth in God's sight. 1 Peter 3:3-4

I was sitting at my doctor office waiting room when I realized in getting ready I totally forgot any makeup application. Now I am not a huge makeup wearer at all but I mean I did not so much as have lipstick on. Oh yes I survived the day just fine and life did go on but as with many things I do, up sprang a devotion idea. 

It does not matter what is on the outside. The world is so much on impressions. Now if you are applying for a job, serving at church, going to work, there are certain standards you need to set. But if not it is not necessary to look like you are going to a model photo shoot. 

The verse for today speaks of our beauty coming from ‘within’ and not from the make up counter or clothes rack. Hopefully you are not the kind who has to try to impress others but only are concerned how your life measures up in God’s eyes. Today why not try to focus on the heart of the matter and that is how your spiritual heart is beating for God. 

PRAYER: I am so grateful for having ways to dress up and look nice but help me not be ultra consumed by this aspect of life but instead to make sure I dress for You daily by prayer and reading of God’s word. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment