Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Wednesday, March 13, 2019

Chew On The Word


"I am the living bread that came down out of heaven; if anyone eats of this bread, he will live forever; and the bread also which I will give for the life of the world is My flesh." John 6:51
Pastor Joseph Prince recently  spoke of ruminating on the word of God comparing it to cows chewing or ruminating on  their cud. Living on a farm I can attest to cows sitting in the field even after they have eaten grass and chew all day long. The food comes up and they chew it again and again. 
Maybe we as believers could  learn a lesson from the bovine and not start grazing in fields eating grass and spitting it up, but ‘ruminate’ or ‘meditate’ over and over on God’s word. The more you stay in the word of God and memorize verses to have in your mind the more hopeful, joyful, and peaceful you are. Also the more you can relax when others are going crazy about stuff. 
So how about it. Time for some ‘cud chewing’? 
PRAYER: I love your word. It helps me each and every day and strengthens me to face battles that are sure to occur. Give those I know who don’t read the word a hunger for it like never before. It is only through saturating  ourselves with its’ truth that we can combat the lies of the culture. In Jesus’ name. Amen.


No comments:

Post a Comment