Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Friday, March 29, 2019

Draw Near To God...I Don't Feel Like It!!



(for the law made nothing perfect); but on the other hand, a better hope is introduced, through which we draw near to God.Hebrews 7:19
Can you abide, draw near, be joyful even in the midst of immense hurt, loss,rejection, abandonment, and pain? Probably the answer for many of you whose pain seems unbearable and too fresh is a hearty NO. “How on earth” you may say “should I be  expected to just act like nothing has happened and go on with my life skipping and singing Yankee Doodle?” Point well taken. 

The other side of the coin is the one where the enemy is crouching low ready to make you join his team, the one who is mad at God. Mad at God for reasons that may seemingly be justified when you hurt like crazy. But my friend even though it may not seem like it God does have a plan and a purpose and maybe even if your life resembles Job, this earthly life is not what it is about anyway. 

So draw near to God, regardless of how you feel. Scream out in pain if it makes you feel better. I have done that and just let it rip. Get your Bible and star reading Psalms out loud. You need God in moments like this where you wondered where was He in you life. If you hold on to hope as the anchor of your soul you will get through this immense pain. Trust me. Trust God. 

PRAYER: Oh Lord I need you and my soul cries out for you in a dry and weary land. I hurt for those people who are mad at you or want nothing to do with you. Draw them to you Lord. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment