Welcome to God's Lemonade Stand

It is my hope that by reading this daily you will grow in your walk with Christ and knowledge of scriptures and be set free from any struggles in your life that are weighing you down. Be blessed to be a blessing.

Thursday, March 28, 2019

Fool And His Money



Wealth gained hastily will dwindle, but whoever gathers little by little will increase it.Proverbs 13:11

I live in a state that has a legal state lottery and the masses jam the counters at the places which sell tickets in order to try to get rich quick and ‘live the dream’. I always wonder what dream they are really shooting for when many who do win end up with a host of issues they never anticipated. Get rich quick is not all it is cracked up to be so buyer beware. 

If you buy lottery tickets my attempt is not to guilt you into stopping but to make you think how much better off you would be investing that $10 here and $10 there to plan for your future. As I sit here writing this today right next to me is a lottery store. I watch people come and go seeking their fortune. My heart breaks for them in many ways. Learning to earn money and save for the future is the lesson that should be being taught to our children not one of gambling to get wealth. 

My maternal grandma used to say “a fool and his money are soon parted” and oh how very true that is. Money is so necessary in  order  to live but the mentality of many today sad  to say is trying to be just mom and dad when mom and dad took years to get what they needed. Often children are sacrificed on the altar of success as young couples reach to have it all. If you are caught up in this game of lottery ticket buying each week why not for one month try two things. First give the money you were going to  spend to a homeless shelter or give the money to your church on Sunday. Give it a try. 

PRAYER: Father help me to trust in you for what I need and to remember the verse that speaks about if we don’t work then we don’t eat(2 Thessalonians 3:10). Help me Lord to nip activities in the bud that make me feel riches is where it is at. In Jesus’ name. Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment